Sure, but that requires you to bring a warrior, bard/Machinist, ninja. It might be true that most guilds have this covered. But it shouldn't mean that a Paladin/Dark Knight with FFXIV Dragoon
UFFXIV: Tanks have zero positional requirements
Obviously, the issue is smaller than the huge overblown thing people are making it, but a lot of your points aren't really arguments.
1. Palies only have 3 actual cooldowns, and one "ocrud" cooldown that all tanks have (sentinel vs vengeance vs shadow wall). They are very similar in effectiveness. So for palies 3 actual non tankbuster cooldowns, you can get maybe 30% uptime. The "cooldown chain" is a one time thing every 3 minutes. It is certainly far, far better than warrior for sustained AoE pack damage reduction. However, for big tank hits it is a wash. Warrior's new front parry ability is also fantastic for groups, so they got a huge buff there.
2. Again, unless you are going to die, all 3 tanking stances have the same effectiveness (defiance slightly worse because of how 20% healing =/= 20% less damage taken. Sort of mitigated by their fluctuating parry chance, but that is finicky).
3. Tanks have zero positional requirements, all tanks hit equally hard by disconnects...this isn't really an argument. If anything, you should argue that FoF is better, because it is, really really good. However, it isn't up enough for "burn phases" and saving it as Paladin has no actual burst is not really a thing. So FFXIV Paladin has consistent, okay dps, but on burst targets it loses miserably, and on sustained dps it is slightly lower.
4. Sure, but that requires you to bring a warrior, bard/Machinist, ninja. It might be true that most guilds have this covered. But it shouldn't mean that a Paladin/Dark Knight with FFXIV Dragoon, Monk, double caster or caster/ranged should be punished. Needing to be fed TP is not really an advantage. Also, I don't believe any guild right now can spare 15% bard/Machinist damage just so your tank can do a bit more dps. Nope.
5. Noone is calling to nerf warrior. Buff the other classes. This isn't even a valid argument.
Also, the screaming on the web does not seem indicative of the actual disparity. But there is a disparity. Even if numberswise this is remedied there are core mechanics problems with how the different tanks play that really impede gameplay or are hard to justify.
Hunt mob HP not scale in FFXIV
right now the monster just appears, and persists until it's killed. That gives enough time for everyone in the zone to go right to it and kill it in about 20 seconds.
A Fresh Re-Introduction for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn
This article will be updated as I continue playing and finish my quest to catch up to patch 3.3 from pre-Heavnsward release.
Final Fantasy XIV - Promoting Community Through Grouping
When it comes to the topic of grouping in games, more and more games are starting to stray away from it, instead working towards systems that are based on soloing through all of the game's content
I just switched to Warrior from Dark Knight for my current static
One thing though is I probably would go with 15000 if your healers/static is brand new to A1s until everyone gets their bearings, then go more Strength from there.
Uffxiv.com Final Fantasy XIV Gil Coming!
Final Fantasy XIV Store Open 24/7Your Final Fantasy XIV Gil will be delivered to you in less than 60 minutes! We strive to offer the fastest and most reliable service on the web for all your gaming needs
FFXIV Housing Solutions: Can we do it together?
Airship Workshop Personal Houses that are opened to allow other members of the community can band together and have access to the airship features from FFXIV Heavensward without forcing players to be in a guild.