Change or replace smokescreen, a 3minute CD quelling strike is useless. If the healer gets aggro on trashpulls we can simply shadeshift to the tank and rip the monsters off the healer.
Final Fantasy XIV Dark Knight
- Enable magical attack parries in Darkside, balance it so each parried magical attack will slightly reduce MP or something.
- Alter the Dark Arts effect on Dark Passenger and Dark Dance, blind and evasion does not fit well with dark dance's MP regain.
- ie. Add a DOT effect on Dark Arts/Dark Passenger, increases attack speed for Dark Arts/Dark Dance (well, you are 'dancing')
- Allow Reprisal to be activated under Dark Arts, it's completely useless in the case of off tanking/Magical attack enemies.
- TP issue, add a refresh TP effect to Blood Weapon or something.
- In terms of mitigations, Shadow Wall is basically a vengence without the extra effects, so why the longer CD for a lesser effect?
- TP issues, allow Mug to steal TP instead of HP
- Change the new skill names back to romanized japanese, seriously who came up with "Dream within a Dream" for "Mugen Sandan"
- A shukuchi change would be really nice. MNK's shoulder tackle is 30s CD, Dragoon has Spineshatter Dive and Dragonfire Dive, both are on 60s CD. NINs only have Shukuchi which is 60s CD, although it doesn't require a target, it takes an extra step to actually follow up with an attack. Give it something along the lines of "Grants the effect of Shukuchi, using a weaponskill will move towards the target within 15y range, or target the ground to move quickly to the specified location." Basically giving the option to turn the next weaponskill into a gap closer while still retaining the original effect.
- Slight DPS boost by reducing the CD on Mugen Sandan and Issou (Dream within a Dream and Duality)
- Change or replace smokescreen, a 3minute CD quelling strike is useless. If the healer gets aggro on trashpulls we can simply shadeshift to the tank and rip the monsters off the healer. Let the healer becomes strong. You may get more cheap ffxiv gil. On boss openers Black Mage/Bard should have quelling strike on anyways.
- MUDRA LAG! I mean, I understand if theres an input delay, but having the ninjutsus used on client side, only to have the server respond with a bunny, that's too much. It doesn't make sense to have a weapon skill interrupt a mudra, the punishment should only be there to force you to remember your mudra combinations correctly.
Final Fantasy XIV Online: You can have both a summon and a chocobo out
FFXIV Dragoon: has a somewhat strict skill usage pattern, a few minor positional moves, and several skill enhancements to weave.
Final Fantasy XIV Leveling 48 Astrologian and need a bit of advice
As a disclaimer, I am only a level 48 Astrologian, and I do not have end-game healing experience, so I cannot say exactly how to prioritize everything.
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Bard vs Dragoon
As far as PvP goes, Bard is kind of the Sniper class of FFXIV. You don't move anywhere close to the front lines of a skirmish. Because of WM and the skills gated behind it
Here is one of my Final Fantasy XIV thought collections
lightspeed/benefic proc- Without a reduction in Global Cool Down we simply have the ILLUSION of being faster since nearly every spell you would cast under Linkshell has a cast time shorter than Global Cool Down
Leveling Bard after getting 60 FFXIV Machinist let me explain my feelings
Stronger DoT effects, they get two DoTs that I find super effective and that in my opinion invalidate the 80 "potency" turret that the Machinist gets
FFXIV Paladin’s are all about group utility in PvP
Node defense is the one area where Paladin’s fall short to other tanks. You only have two skills that can interrupt node captures: Glory slash and Circle of Scorn.