The only place that really became an issue was in the Churning Mists .which is probably the one instance Naoki Yoshida-P is referring to where players got fed up with the sidequesting.
FFXIV Heavensward: The only place that really became an issue was in the Churning Mists
I don't really mind sidequests as long as they can be completed at the same time as the Main Scenario Quests and don't slow down your progression through the story. The only place that really became an issue was in the Churning Mists (re: helping whiny moogles run errands for about a day straight when there were pressing matters in Ishgard), which is probably the one instance Naoki Yoshida-P is referring to where players got fed up with the sidequesting.
Most of the lines were pretty good, though I was particularly taken with the lazy Vanu tribesman who "tried" to become an adult through mostly our effort. Need light-hearted moments like those to break up the tension.
1. Most of the things they ask you to do are things the moogles are supposed to do themselves.
2. What isn't supposed to be their task is often said moogle simply being lazy.
3. Churning Mists is a massive map and very difficult to traverse without flying, making getting around without it a chore in and of itself.
4. Assuming you don't have rested Experience and are just following the story, even doing every sidequest as it pops up will leave you about a level short to progress after finishing the Aery - and then again shortly afterward, meaning you can either help (lazy / cowardly) moogles run errands or grind dungeons / FATEs until you ping 57 and can do the Vault.
5. Aside from a short line with some dragoons, the only quests up there are... running errands for moogles. We had various questgivers and lines beforehand, but Churning Mists is all moogles all the time. Cute as they may be, after a day straight of doing tasks for the lazy cowards they're supposed to do themselves I wanted to strangle the little blighters.
just my two cents.