Here's the real kicker though. FFXIV Gil prices and sales, you're rewarding the gil spammers. I don't know about others but most raids I know has 1-2 'dedicated' crafters who have ffxiv gil, the rest of my raid depends on food/potions from those people and can barely afford that in 3.0, let alone have enough to buy materia also.
FFXIV Gil prices and sales
So I'll try to build this field of though so I can be concise.
Problems that come from melded gear.
1) Forces players to have to deal with RNG to meld, failure rates even with alexandrite system comes to mind. It can work on one, or you could waste a dozen.
2) Balance of content will be done based on the fully materia'ed version of the fights. In already tight gear races where people are having trouble with progression they're going to nerf the introductory stats making it that much harder to clear content since you will now be considered to buy gear with tomes.
3) Forced to pick either to materia with tome/raid drop or buy tomestone gear. Forcing you to spend that much more time gearing out alternate classes if you play more then one. Under a six month plan with old system you could get 2 sets of 2 classes, this will not be possible under this system.
4) Here's the real kicker though. FFXIV Gil prices and sales, you're rewarding the gil spammers. I don't know about others but most raids I know has 1-2 'dedicated' crafters who have ffxiv gil, the rest of my raid depends on food/potions from those people and can barely afford that in 3.0, let alone have enough to buy materia also.
Staff/Development Team Reasoning:
1) We have too much materia market untapped in game, we need a system to use it.
2) We have too much ffxiv gil in circulation this should help reduce some of the top end.
3) We want to slow progression by way of gear because groups are clearing too fast with the initial content and stat weight of main stats is superior to secondary stats.
Resolution Methods that are required to make this possible.
1) You need to make it so the affix rate of this system is 100% with no failure.
2) You need to introduce alternative gear drops in raid like Faust mini-bosses that drop 'aetherial' that can't be melded, but still represent a gear award so people are not wasting 4-8 weeks progressing on a turn with no rewards.
3) Gear unmelded should be used as the basis for progression clearing. Alexander 7 Savage should be performance tuned to full i240 (final stats being i250 as an example) before materia is added. It should not be conditional to materia gear it should just be something to keep people busy while farming content.
4) This is a big one, introduce a system which more easily allows us to gear up a second class(third? fourth?) that can't be melded. This is Final Fantasy 14, there are multiple jobs and you are forcing people to play only a single job per patch. Let us take advantage of the multiple job system and gear multiple characters if this was more possible, then people would spend more time in game and longer times subscribing.
5) Non upgraded (i240) gear if it allows melding should allow you to upgrade to i250 and maintain the melds. You shouldn't force players to reinvest twice.
To be fair, I am not really liking where Square Enix is going with the game design lately. Punitive actions against mid-level raiders does not help your population. Most of us are here to have a good time, and it makes sense to give us more outlets that allow us to enjoy the game and not to punish players financially because they're not hardcore or gillionares. I'd rather spend time helping people new to the game and being rewarded for that then forcing us to turn raiding into a full time job where we spend over 40 hours a week for 1-2 months and have little to show for progression. (Note. I don't mind the hours, just the lack of incentive/reward for time spent.)
I'll definitely try to save some FFXIV Gil on store brought lvl55
Level all DoH to get cross class abilities. Level one DoH to 60 - you'll need to spend quite a bit of ffxiv gil on lvl50+ gear and mats for levelling.
That mantra still applies to FFXIV
That mantra still applies to FFXIV. It's the internet. Just expect more of the latter. It stinks, yeah, but people take advantage of anonymity. And their insecurities show a lot when they're stressed
FFXIV Paladin’s are all about group utility in PvP
Node defense is the one area where Paladin’s fall short to other tanks. You only have two skills that can interrupt node captures: Glory slash and Circle of Scorn.
Final Fantasy XIV ARR: The logic behind Warrior and Dark Knight getting their stances at 30
When I leveled my Final Fantasy XIV Paladin about 2 years ago, I had 0 aggro issues. No class could pull off me in dungeons 30 to 40. (Nor before or after for that matter lol)
I never had MP issues as FFXIV Astrologian in both Nocturnal and Diurnal
I never had MP issues as FFXIV Astrologian in both Nocturnal and Diurnal. Knowing the exact phases helps a lot when it comes to cooldowns.
My suggestions for FFXIV Astrologian are mostly as written on the shortlist in sig
Draw will only cool down for up to 15 seconds before the card already drawn must be used to continue the cooldown. At level 40, FFXIV Astrologian receives the ability Spread, with no cooldown, into which a drawn card can be saved.