Doesn't seem necessary or especially fitting. Not horrible imbalancing either, but we already offer far more support than other tanks through being able to Protect the recently raised and through Clemency
FFXIV DRK will follow shortly and every stance-dance will be the same
1. Doesn't seem necessary or especially fitting. Not horrible imbalancing either, but we already offer far more support than other tanks through being able to Protect the recently raised and through Clemency.
2. Something else to minimize the longterm-cost of the stances, please. Otherwise DRK will follow shortly and every stance-dance will be the same.
3. No. The gap between it and Rage of Halone is already too large for OTs, making the StrDown painful to maintain in the hands of dps-happy PLDs. (Whether that's an oxymoron and should be ignored is up to you.) Simply increase the enmity modifier on Savage Blade (to ~3.85) and Rage of Halone (to ~5.25), and increase Rage of Halone potency to 280 and we will be better able to actually use Royal Authority.
4. The max casts from full mana bar isn't our main issue. It's mana regeneration. Even if we spam Goring Blade for the Riot Blade MP component, it's a slow process. We need more mana gains. That said, for this to not typically be excessive (1) Clemency would have to actually be usable in a Savage-esque raid setting and even while MT, (2) there would likely need to be other ways to spend mana, and (3) this final version of mana spending and restoration would have to refrain from overlapping with DRK.
5. I'd rather just allow blocks work on Magic as well (even if at half block value or so) when under the effect of a blocking CD (Shelltron, Bulwark) and for Shelltron to scale its CD with shield type or else count every Shelltron use as if done by a tower shield. (Preferably the latter, as not to leave us scampering for the best fight-tuned shield.) If a boss is using a mixture of weak auto-attacks between magic tankbusters, the timing alone should keep the revised Shelltron roughly in check, and vs-magic scaling can take care of the rest. Without some effect on magic though, pure mage enemies leave us feeling two abilities short. (Though the same could be said of Dark Dance and Foresight.)
What I'd like to see:
1. Skill Speed and Spell Speed combined.
2. Savage Blade enmity modifier increased to 3.75x. Rage of Halone enmity modifier increased to 5.25x. Rage of Halone potency increased to 270. Shield Swipe potency increased to 220 and TP cost reduced to 30.
3. Shelltron changed to Sacred Aegis. Now also allows you to target an ally to place its blocking mitigation over them. CD scales with shield type. Mana regain applies also to the allied block. Animation revised.
4. You can now block magic attacks at 50% effect while affected by a blocking CD (Sacred Aegis, Bulwark)
5. Clemency provides additional temporary shielding every .5 seconds until the cast is complete, improving the chances of your target still being there (alive) when you finish the 3-second cast.
6. Cover can be toggled off via its original key, and toggled back on across its duration. CD decreased by up to 33% based on time spent toggled off (25% CD reduction at 50% of time off). Range increased by 6 yalms, but damage transfer now scales based on proximity (100% at 6 yalms or less from target). Now also grants 30% reduced damage taken from non-targeted magic attacks and intercepts up to 50% of magic damage.
7. Riot Blade now has variable mana gains and damage. It now deals up to 240 potency at 75% mana at higher, but deals as little as 180 potency at 0% mana. [240 potency at 75%, 220 at 50%, 200 at 25%.] In exchange, when under 75% mana, it now returns 20% of your missing mana in addition to its normal amount.
8. Oath-swapping revised. Each is now a charged ability (up to 2.5 seconds after animation starts) that provides short-term buffs, improved slightly and especially extended by charge time, in addition to its normal effects. Charge time, and thereby rate of bonus gains, scales with Speed.
Sword Oath provides a burst of Speed of up to 33% (18% + 3% per .5 seconds), fading over the duration to half effect at the duration's end, for up to 13 seconds (5 + 1.6 seconds per .5 seconds), starting from your next weapon-skill. [Exact numbers to be revised.]
This sounds complicated, much like many WoW effects if the devs actually included more than vague descriptions on those certain abilities, but the idea is that the cast continues to be, in its own right, just short of a worthwhile, proportionate expenditure. It accelerates enough duration for 3 moves by just short of a third, for four by just short of a fourth, etc., etc. This allows you to take better advantage of Sword Oath 'windows of opportunity'. In other words, it minimizes the cost of stance-dancing to very little, but it does not encourage stance dancing just for the sake of its buffs.
To make the finish of a good stance-dance feel even more satisfying, Shield Oath also provides a small absorb effect (75 potency + 10 potency per .5 seconds, based on AP) and grants bonus Defense up to 10% (5% + 1% per .5 seconds) for up to 13 seconds (5 + 1.6 seconds per .5 seconds), starting from the end of charge/cast. [Exact numbers to be revised.] The Shield Oath swapping bonus effect has an internal cooldown, and will require 30 seconds to regain its full strength, scaling with Speed.
This one has a bit smaller of a difference. Essentially, if a PLD has sufficient mana and time, they will use the full charge.
These bonus effects will require a second mana cost from their respective Oaths. The bonus effect will cost an additional 10% of your base maximum mana, and an additional 3% per .5 seconds charging. In both cases, it has at the core been reduced to an oGCD, but rather than simply throw on a 10-second cooldown and remove the combo-loss, it includes a way to bring back that GCD-level delay optionally, through the use of a charge system, and costs in terms of mana. This should help to give it a bit more uniqueness and tacticality while sating demands for stance-dance immediacy and ease of use and for balancing out stance-dance costs against other tank jobs (rather than WAR being without cost and DRK having only half the cost of PLDs, apart from the massive Grit MP cost).
Final Fantasy XIV Crafting Discuss
It's this reasonable timeframe that's got me to almost entirely quit crafting. It doesn't take a master crafter to glance at what you need to do to even break 1star crafting
Anyone else feel like Dark Knight is a bit lacking in Final Fantasy XIV?
Darkside annoys me, I wish they'd have given Dark Knight Mana Draw... MP is definitely the biggest issue with Dark Knight in PvP. Without Darkside or MP for Dark Arts, Dark Knight just becomes completely rubbish.
Final Fantasy XIV Celebrates Three Years of A Realm Reborn, Looks Towards 4.0
It's been three years since Square Enix relaunched Final Fantasy XIV as A Realm Reborn and the MMO is celebrating with The Rising, an in-game event. From Saturday, August 27 to September 12, players can speak to the Crystal Caravan Leader at the Steps of Nald in Ul'dah to gain access to a host of the in-game items. Square Enix is also planning a 14-hour livestream event for the anniversary, starting on Friday, August 26 at 8 pm (PDT).
There's no denying FFXIV had problems
Oh there's no denying FFXIV had problems. It had a lot of problems. It had volumes of problems. Truth be told in many ways it was not a good game. I played on PS2 initially and eventually on 360, it was a terribly janky game
Bots and Cheaters in Final Fantasy XIV
Sadly, there are plenty possibilities for botters and cheaters in Final Fantasy XIV, who are commonly appearing in various segments of the game.
FFXIV: Free companies are guilds with in game incentives
Free companies are guilds with in game incentives. A guild can have 2-3-4 or 200 members still being a community. A company house is about having conveniences in one place and sharing